Saturday, January 06, 2007

snowflakes

I carved a small sculpture of three snowflakes to take to a New Year's Eve party. I tried to photograph them illuminated by a small reading light housed in a small cavity in the base of the sculpture, but only a couple of the photos turned out to be useful. I really need to use a tripod for this sort of thing.

The snowflakes were about 0.5" thick and were pretty fragile. I think I repaired thirteen separate breaks while making the things. Fortunately, two out of three snowflakes actually survived the journey to the party! I think the sculpture would have been easier to carve on a larger scale, but I was limited by available ice.

I took a photo with flash as well. It isn't as pretty, but at least it captured details despite my unsteady hands.

1 comment:

Brianna Simmons said...

Lovelly post